Ashtavargam is a classic formulation in Ayurveda, an ancient system of medicine that originated in India. It is composed of eight (ashta) specific herbs that are combined to create a potent remedy. The formulation is primarily used in the treatment of various neurological disorders, especially paralysis.
1. Bilva (Aegle marmelos): Known for its digestive and carminative properties.
2. Agnimantha (Premna integrifolia): Used traditionally in Ayurveda to treat a variety of conditions.
3. Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum): Known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
4. Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens): Traditionally used in Ayurveda for various therapeutic purposes.
5. Gambhari (Gmelina arborea): Recognized for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
6. Brihati (Solanum indicum): Used in Ayurveda to treat respiratory disorders and as an anti-inflammatory.
7. Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum): Known for its expectorant and bronchodilator properties.
8. Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): Used traditionally for its diuretic and aphrodisiac properties.
These herbs are combined in specific ratios and prepared using traditional Ayurvedic processes to create the Ashtavargam formulation. It is widely utilized in Ayurvedic treatments, particularly in conditions where strengthening the nervous system and improving muscle function are paramount.
Please note that while Ayurvedic treatments have been used for centuries and have their traditional wisdom, it’s important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare professional before using any herbal formulations, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions or are taking other medications.
This combination of herb is used in the Ayurveda medicine like Ashtavarga Kashayam
1. Jeevakam (ജീവകം) – Malaxis acuminata
2. Edavakam (ഇടവകം) – Microstylis muscifera
3. Meda (മേദാ) – Polygonatum verticillatum
4. Maha Meda -(മഹാമേദാ) – Polygonatum cirrhifolium
5. Kakoli (കാകോളി) – Roscoeaprocera
6. Ksheera Kakoli (ക്ഷീരകാകോളി) – Lilium polphyllum
7. Eruthvi (ഋദ്ധി) – Habenaria edgeworthii
8.Vruthvi (വൃദ്ധി) – Habenaria intermedia
Copy rights 2013-2023 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.