The Sanskrit word ‘Trikatu’ means three pungent spices, it is a combination of three natural materials like pepper, ginger and long pepper. It is mainly prescribed for low digestion and as an Appetite increase, because it can induce digestive fire (Agni)and can destroy accumulated waste and toxins (Ama) from our body.
Members of Trikatu (The three pungent )group
- Chukku(ചുക്ക്) -Shunti-Dried ginger rhizome
- Kurumulak (കുരുമുളക് ) Maricha– Black Pepper
- Thipali-Pipplay (തിപ്പലി) Long pepper
Medicinal uses of Trikatu
- Reduce LDL level
- Treat worms infestation
- Increase Digestive functions
- Appetite increase
- Blood purifier
- Increase the assimilation process
- Reducing body weight
- Blood -glucose controller
Copy rights 2013-2023 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.