Shatavari Gulam is mainly prescribed for the treatment of leucorrhoea, Menorrhagia, Menopausal syndrome, Seminal disorders, Urinary diseases, Fainting, Anaemia, and General fatigue.
Gulam refers to jaggery
Shatavari Gulam is an Ayurvedic herbal preparation that primarily contains Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) as its main ingredient. It is commonly used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine to support women’s health and address various reproductive and hormonal concerns.
Here are some key points about Shatavari Gulam:
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus): Shatavari is a well-known herb in Ayurveda, particularly valued for its properties that support female reproductive health. It is considered a rejuvenating herb and is often used to balance hormonal levels, support fertility, and aid in conditions related to menstruation, pregnancy, and lactation.
- Gulam or Lehyam: Gulam, also known as Lehyam, is a traditional Ayurvedic form of herbal jam. It is a semi-solid preparation made by combining various medicinal herbs with natural sweeteners like jaggery or honey. This form makes it easier to consume and digest.
- Uses: Shatavari Gulam is commonly used to address issues related to women’s health, such as menstrual irregularities, hormonal imbalances, and reproductive health concerns. It is also used to support fertility and overall well-being.
- Benefits: The formulation of Shatavari Gulam provides a concentrated and convenient way to incorporate the benefits of Shatavari into one’s daily routine. It is believed to nourish the female reproductive system, promote vitality, and support overall health.
- Dosage: The dosage of Shatavari Gulam can vary based on factors like age, constitution, and the specific condition being addressed. It is typically taken under the guidance of an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner.
- Caution: While Shatavari Gulam is generally considered safe when used appropriately, it’s important to consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before starting any new supplement or medication, especially if you have specific health concerns or are pregnant.
As with any Ayurvedic product, it is crucial to consult a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare provider for personalized advice and dosage recommendations based on your individual constitution and health condition. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
Herbal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Shatavari Gulam
Click to find the details of the ingredients