Shankha Bhasmam is mainly used in the treatment of Belching, Heartburn, Sprue syndrome, indigestion etc.
It is prepared according to the reference of Rasa Tarangini.
Shankha Bhasmam, also known as Conch Shell Ash in English, is a unique Ayurvedic preparation made from purified conch shells. It undergoes a meticulous process to convert the conch shell into a fine, white, odorless powder through various calcination and purification steps. This powder is rich in calcium and other essential minerals.
Key points about Shankha Bhasmam:
- Calcium Supplement: Shankha Bhasmam is primarily used in Ayurveda as a natural source of calcium. It is believed to be easily absorbed by the body and is used to support bone health.
- Digestive Aid: It is also known for its digestive properties. In Ayurveda, it is believed to balance the digestive fire (agni) and help with conditions related to digestion.
- Antacid Properties: Due to its high calcium content, Shankha Bhasmam is used to alleviate symptoms of hyperacidity and acid-related digestive disorders.
- Support for Skeletal System: It is often prescribed in cases of osteoporosis, fractures, and other bone-related disorders to strengthen the skeletal structure.
- Rejuvenative Properties: Some practitioners use Shankha Bhasmam in formulations aimed at rejuvenating the body and promoting overall well-being.
- Dosage and Administration: The dosage of Shankha Bhasmam can vary based on individual factors like age, health condition, and the specific ailment being addressed. It is usually taken under the guidance of an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner.
- Caution: Like any Ayurvedic preparation, Shankha Bhasmam should be taken under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner. It’s important to ensure the quality and purity of the product.
Always consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare provider before starting any new supplement or medication, especially if you have specific health concerns or are pregnant. They can provide personalized advice and dosage recommendations based on your individual constitution and health condition. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
- Shankha – Calcium carbonate calx