Patoladi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic formulation primarily made from ghee (clarified butter) and a combination of herbs, withPatola – Pointed Gourd as the main ingredient. It is known for its various therapeutic properties and is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine for a range of health conditions. Some common uses of Patoladi Ghrita include:
- Digestive Disorders: It is used to improve digestion and alleviate conditions like indigestion, loss of appetite, and gastrointestinal disorders.
- Liver Health: Patoladi Ghrita is believed to support liver function and may be used in conditions related to liver congestion or sluggishness.
- Skin Conditions: It is used externally for skin disorders like itching, eczema, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Fever: In Ayurvedic practice, it may be used to manage fever, especially when associated with digestive disturbances.
- Respiratory Issues: It is sometimes employed to address respiratory problems, including coughs and colds.
- Inflammation and Swelling: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it may be used in conditions characterized by inflammation and swelling.
- Gynecological Disorders: It is sometimes used in women’s health for conditions related to the reproductive system.
- Immunomodulation: Some practitioners use Patoladi Ghrita to support the immune system and enhance overall vitality.
- Eye Health: It may be used in some eye disorders as part of Ayurvedic treatment protocols.
- Improving Nutrient Absorption: It is believed to enhance the absorption of nutrients from the digestive system.
Remember, these uses are based on traditional knowledge and practices of Ayurveda. Before using Patoladi Ghrita or any Ayurvedic formulation, it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or a healthcare professional, especially if you have specific health concerns or are taking other medications. They can provide you with personalized advice based on your individual constitution and health condition.
It calms Vata, Pitta and kapha.
Patoladi Ghritam is prepared according to the reference of Ashtangahrudayam Uttarasthana.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Patoladi Ghrita
Click to find the details of ingredients
Copy rights 2013-2024 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.