Hindi: Pilacameli, peeli, Chamely
It is a woody climber of evergreen forest, Western ghats, quadrangular stem, leaves green elliptic, tapered at both ends, arranged oppositely, margin serrated, young leaves are brownish red, flowers are yellow, borne in terminal panicles, the fruits are berries, ovoid, with two seeded.
Useful plant parts:
Root, leaf, Whole plant
To treat gastrointestinal disorders, rheumatic disorders, asthma, cough and cold, low back pain, fever, headache, etc.
Myxopyrum is an herb that has been traditionally used in various cultures for its potential medicinal properties. However, it’s important to note that scientific research on the herb is limited, and its safety and effectiveness have not been extensively studied.
1. Anti-inflammatory: Myxopyrum has been used in some cultures for its potential anti-inflammatory properties, which may be useful in treating conditions involving inflammation.
2. Rheumatism and Arthritis: It has been used in certain traditional systems to alleviate symptoms of rheumatism and arthritis, potentially due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
3. Digestive Aid: Some cultures have utilized Myxopyrum for its potential digestive benefits, although specific mechanisms and effects may vary.
4. Skin Conditions: In some regions, Myxopyrum has been applied topically or used in preparations for skin conditions, possibly due to its perceived soothing properties.
It’s crucial to approach the use of Myxopyrum with caution:
– Consult a Professional: Always consult a qualified herbalist, naturopath, or healthcare provider before using Myxopyrum or any herbal remedy.
– Dosage and Preparation: Proper dosage and preparation methods are essential for safety and effectiveness.
– Potential Risks: Like with any herbal remedy, there may be potential risks, especially if used improperly or in excess.
Remember, scientific validation of Myxopyrum’s medicinal properties is limited, so any use should be guided by expert advice and in conjunction with other appropriate healthcare practices.
Dimethoxy, Cyclopropanecarbonitrile, carbomethoxy, Anthracenedione, Hexanediamine, methoxy-phenyl.
How to prepare medicines:
A crushed stem boiled with coconut oil can be used in head ache.
Clarified butter with leaves can be used to reduce asthma, cough chest problems, etc.
Copy rights 2013-2023 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.