English: Flowering Murdah
Malayalam: Maruthu-മരുത്, Maruthy, poomaruthu, Pullamaruthu
Tamil: பூமருது Poomaruthu, Vadamaruthu
Kindal is a desidious big tree, grow up to 40 m. height and about 3 m. in diameter, bark brown, branches diverging, commonly found in the tropical areas of Western Ghats. Leaves are arranged opposite, elliptic-oblong, tapered at the tip. Flowers are occur in a spiked compound panicle,November-January, color pale yellow. Fruit is reddish brown,with small wings.
Useful plant parts: Bark, flower
Medicinal uses: To treat Aneamia, bronchitis, Cholera, Leprosy
Medicinal uses: Anti inflammatory, Anti oxidant, Anti- bacterial, Cardio tonic, wound healing, cytotoxic, antifungal.
The Kindal Tree (Latin name: Holarrhena pubescens), also known as Kurchi or Kuda, holds significant medicinal value in Ayurveda. Here are some of its traditional uses:
1. Digestive Disorders: Kindal tree is used to treat various digestive issues, including diarrhea, dysentery, and irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Anti-parasitic: It is known for its anthelmintic properties, effectively expelling intestinal worms.
3. Anti-inflammatory: It has anti-inflammatory effects and can be used to alleviate inflammation in conditions like arthritis.
4. Fever Management: Kindal tree is employed in the treatment of fevers, helping to reduce body temperature.
5. Antimicrobial: It has natural antimicrobial properties, making it useful against various pathogens.
6. Gastrointestinal Disorders: It is used in managing conditions like colitis and gastritis.
7. Wound Healing: The bark of Kindal tree is applied externally to promote wound healing.
8. Skin Conditions: It may be used for treating skin conditions like eczema and itching.
9. Menstrual Disorders: Kindal tree is used to regulate menstrual cycles and alleviate associated discomfort.
10. Respiratory Conditions: It is employed in conditions like asthma and bronchitis for its respiratory benefits.
11. Liver Disorders: It is believed to support liver health and function.
12. Diabetes Management: Some studies suggest it may assist in regulating blood sugar levels.
13. Stomachic: Kindal tree acts as a stomachic, helping to tone and strengthen the stomach.
14. Cardiovascular Health: It may support heart health by regulating blood pressure.
15. Analgesic: It may have pain-relieving properties, potentially helpful for various types of pain.
16. Antioxidant: Kindal tree is rich in antioxidants, aiding in neutralizing harmful free radicals.
17. Anti-spasmodic: It may help in relieving spasms and cramps.
18. Nervine Tonic: It is considered a nervine tonic, meaning it supports the nervous system.
Always consult a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare professional before using Kindal Tree or any other herb for medicinal purposes. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific health condition and needs.
Chemical contents: Alkaloids, tannin
Copy rights 2013-2023 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.