Godanti Bhasma, also known as “Gypsum Calx” or “Shankha Bhasma,” is an Ayurvedic medicine made from purified gypsum. It is prepared through a series of meticulous processes to render the gypsum suitable for medicinal use. Here are some key details about Godanti Bhasma:
Properties and Composition:
- Chemical Composition: Godanti Bhasma primarily consists of calcium sulfate dihydrate (CaSO4·2H2O).
- Purification Process: Raw gypsum undergoes a series of purification, grinding, and incineration processes to remove impurities and enhance its therapeutic properties.
- Dosha Balancing: Godanti Bhasma is believed to have a cooling effect on the body and is used to balance excess Pitta dosha.
Uses in Ayurveda:
- Headache and Migraine: It is commonly used in Ayurvedic formulations for treating various types of headaches, including tension headaches and migraines.
- Fever: Godanti Bhasma is used to lower fever, especially in cases where fever is associated with Pitta imbalance.
- Respiratory Conditions: It may be utilized to address respiratory issues like cough, cold, and bronchitis.
- Bone Health: Due to its high calcium content, it may be used in formulations to support bone health and address conditions like osteoporosis.
Caution and Considerations:
- Dosage: Godanti Bhasma should only be taken under the guidance of a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner. Dosage and administration should be strictly followed.
- Pregnancy and Lactation: It’s generally not recommended for pregnant or lactating individuals, unless specifically prescribed by a qualified practitioner.
Note: As with any Ayurvedic remedy, it’s crucial to consult with a certified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare professional before using Godanti Bhasma. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific health condition and needs.
It is prepared according to the reference of Rasa Tarangini
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used to prepare Godanti Bhasma
Copy rights 2013-2023 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.