Dasapushpam is a traditional Ayurvedic formulation made from a combination of ten specific flowers. Each of these flowers is known for its unique therapeutic properties, and together, they create a potent blend used for various health benefits.
Here are some common uses and benefits of Dasapushpam:
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: The flowers in Dasapushpam may have anti-inflammatory properties, which can be useful in conditions where inflammation plays a role.
- Balancing Doshas: In Ayurveda, it is believed to balance the doshas, which are fundamental energies that govern various physiological and psychological functions.
- Skin Health: Some of the flowers in Dasapushpam are known for their skin-nourishing properties and may be used in skincare formulations.
- Respiratory Health: It is sometimes used to support respiratory health, especially in respiratory congestion or weakness cases.
- Astringent Properties: Certain flowers in the blend may have astringent properties, which can help in toning and firming tissues.
- Digestive Health: It may support a healthy digestive system, aiding in proper digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
- Nervous System Support: Some of the flowers are considered nervous tonics, which means they support the nervous system and can be beneficial in conditions related to nerve weakness or stress.
- Antioxidant Effects: Some constituents may have antioxidant effects, helping to protect cells from damage.
- Balancing Hormones: They may have properties that support hormonal balance in the body.
- Mood Enhancement: Certain flowers may have mood-enhancing properties, promoting a sense of well-being and balance.
- Postpartum Care: It may be beneficial for women in the postpartum period, aiding in recovery and overall well-being.
- Anti-anxiety Properties: Some of the flowers may have calming effects, helping to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
- Heart Health: It is believed that some of the flowers may have benefits for cardiovascular health.
- Urinary Health: It may help maintain urinary tract health.
- Boosts Immunity: It may contribute to a stronger immune system, helping the body defend against illnesses.
Remember that individual responses to herbal remedies can vary. Always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have a pre-existing medical condition, or are taking other medications. Additionally, ensure that the product is sourced from reputable and trusted sources for quality and effectiveness.
It is an important ‘oushadayogam’ in the Kerala Ayurveda principle.
Members of Dasapushpam -Ten sacred flowers group
Click to find the details of plants
1. Mukkutti (മുക്കുറ്റി) – Biophytum sensitivum
2. Thiruthali (തിരുതാളി ) – Ipomea maxima
3. Kayyoni (കയ്യൂന്നി) – Eclipta prostrata
4. Poovamkurunnila (പൂവാങ്കുരുന്നില) – Vernonia cineria
5. Vishnukranthi (വിഷ്ണുക്രാന്തി) – Evolvulus alsinoides
6. Karuka (കറുക) – Cynodon dactylon
7. Muyalcheviyan (മുയൽചെവിയൻ ) – Emelia sonchifolia
8. Nilappana (നിലപ്പന) – Curculigo orchioides
9. Uzhinja (ഉഴിഞ്ഞ) – Cardiospermum halicacabum
10. Cheroola (ചെറൂള) – Aervalanata