English: Goat’s Foot, Bayhops
Sanscrit: Sagaramekhala, Maryadavalli
Malayalam: Adavally-അടവള്ളി, Adambuvalli.
Goat’s Foot is a trailing, wide-spreading vine, found throughout pan-tropical areas, abundantly grows in sandy soils, is salt tolerant plant, and endures salted air. the leaves are 3 to 10 cm long and notched at the tip and long, The stems are purple and often root at the nodes, contain milky latex, and may reach 20 meters. Flowers are bisexual, funnel-shaped, 5 cm in diameter, produced that have copious nectar from a large circular nectar at the base of the flower, the fruit is an ovoid to globules capsule, 12 to 17 mm long. The seeds can float and survive in salt water, so it is widespread all over the world through seas.
Useful plant parts:
The whole plant.
Amino acids, proline, glycine betaine
Goat foot is used for inflammation, skin disease, boils, Piles, wounds, ulcers, boils, gastrointestinal disorders, and edema.
In Ayurveda, Beach Morning Glory (Ipomoea pes-caprae), commonly known as “Vidhara,” is recognized for its therapeutic properties:
1. Anti-inflammatory: Vidhara is used to alleviate inflammation in conditions like arthritis and joint pain.
2. Wound Healing: Its leaves are applied topically to promote wound healing due to their antimicrobial properties.
3. Respiratory Health: Vidhara is employed to treat respiratory issues like cough and bronchitis.
4. Digestive Aid: It aids digestion, relieves constipation, and supports overall digestive health.
5. Diuretic: Vidhara is used as a diuretic to support urinary health.
6. Anti-Aging: It is believed to have anti-aging properties, benefiting skin health and vitality.
7. Anti-Microbial: Vidhara exhibits antimicrobial properties, aiding in preventing and managing infections.
8. Rejuvenative Tonic: It is used as a rejuvenative tonic to promote overall well-being.
Always consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare professional before using Beach Morning Glory or any other herbal remedy for specific health concerns.
Copy rights 2013-2023 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.