Asthavargam Kashayam is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal decoction known for its benefits in supporting respiratory health. It’s specifically formulated to address conditions related to the respiratory system, making it valuable in cases of asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory disorders. This formulation typically contains a combination of potent herbs, including Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum), and other ingredients from the Asthavarga group. Asthavargam Kashayam is valued for its natural approach to respiratory wellness in traditional Ayurvedic practices. Always consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for proper dosage and usage.
Asthavargam Kashayam is an Ayurvedic herbal decoction that contains a combination of eight specific herbs known as the Asthavarga group. These herbs are traditionally used to support respiratory health. The exact composition may vary slightly depending on the specific formulation, but here are the common ingredients:
1. Bilva (Aegle marmelos): Known for its digestive and anti-inflammatory properties, Bilva is used to alleviate respiratory issues.
2. Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum): Valued for its anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties, Shyonaka aids in respiratory conditions.
3. Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens): This herb is believed to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, making it useful for respiratory discomfort.
4. Gambhari (Gmelina arborea): It’s known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, beneficial for respiratory health.
5. Brihati (Solanum indicum): Brihati is believed to have expectorant properties and is used to clear respiratory passages.
6. Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum): Known for its bronchodilator and expectorant effects, Kantakari is beneficial in respiratory disorders.
7. Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): Gokshura is valued for its diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can support the respiratory system.
8. Agnimantha (Premna integrifolia): This herb is believed to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, beneficial for respiratory discomfort.
These eight herbs are combined in specific proportions to create Asthavargam Kashayam. It’s important to note that formulations may vary based on the specific requirements of the individual and the discretion of the Ayurvedic practitioner. Always consult a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner for proper guidance on dosage and usage.
Copy rights 2013-2023 Medicinal Plants India : All rights reserved.